Middle/Senior Software developer [Python]
StartupSoft connects top Ukrainian engineers with world-class startups from Silicon Valley and EU. Our developers work directly on the product as an integral part of the startup team.
Operator is one place to manage all financial data operations. Finance has long been slowed down by manual work, but this trend is rapidly reversing. Everything from due diligence to reporting and reconciliation can now be automated, improving access to financial services and decision making. Our products accelerate this shift by making it simple to integrate and work with financial data.
Python, TypeScript, React, Node.js, AWS, PostgreSQL.
New position. The entire company is split into feature-based teams. Teams are small, they include a product person, a designer, and 3-8 engineers. There are at least 1-2 senior engineers and everyone else is jun-mid level. Two engineers from our side.
App is on the stage of customer adoption - pilot version with certain users, close to public launch.
Qualifications and skills
- You have 2+ years of experience in writing production-ready Python code that moves volumes of data (ex: pulling transaction data over API)
- You understand software engineering design principles and are passionate about building high quality, reliable, elegant software that can scale efficiently with little trouble
- You have experience with databases, cloud infrastructure, and building web app backends
- You take ownership of your work and carefully think through and document the code you write before you submit it for review. People should be able to understand your code without asking you, but if they do ask about any part of your code you should have clear and logical answers
- You understand that the customers and users come first, and always think about how the existing app could be improved for them as well as potential new features
- You work alongside all relevant members of the company and external stakeholders, not just engineering, to understand and resolve issues as well as orient yourself in the right direction
- You are constantly trying to improve yourself as a developer (try new concepts/tools, active on dev forums, etc.) and as a product builder (ask a lot of questions, read up on the industry, etc.)
- You will work closely with the Product team to ship new features that our customers will use and with the Engineering team to come up with elegant improvements to existing features
- As an early-stage startup, we as a team go through the whole product development lifecycle. You will be a part of brainstorming features, designing prototypes, developing and testing the product, and deploying code into production
- To accomplish our goals, we will need to create services and tools for ourselves. You will work on building packages/libraries, publishing APIs, writing documentation, and internal dev tools
- There’s a lot of infrastructures that needs to be built and improved over time, so you will be a part of the team that makes strategic, a long-term technology and product decisions
- We are a small team and as a result, you’ll be one of our first engineers. That means you’ll be a part of building our engineering culture and workflows that future engineers will be impacted by
- Work with top entrepreneurs and startups from Silicon Valley and EU
- Become an integral part of the core team — be more than someone who just writes code
- Potential to receive equity in high-growth startups
- Contribute to well-funded products with potential to impact millions
- Beautiful offices in the best locations with high-end amenities (Lviv, Kyiv, Ternopil)
- Tight-knit team with an inclusive and transparent culture
- Only the latest, modern technologies with no legacy code and management bureaucracy
- Above average salary, benefits & medical insurance
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Refer a friend
Hot position – 1.5k USD
Senior level – 1k USD
Middle level – 700 USD