Startup Exits Podcast with Ben Antier, founder of Publica
The $220 million sale to $IAS: how Ben started, ran and sold Publica
Founder of Publica
In the days when TVs were "dumb", everyone tuned into the same content. Today, the TV watching experience is highly personalized, including the ads. This realization led Ben Antier and Cedric Tournay to start Publica, an advertising platform for smart TVs that was acquired by Integral Ad Sciences ($IAS) for $220 million in 5 years since inception.
We chat with Ben about
- What is an internet connected TV (CTV)?
- How are ads served on smart TVs?
- Do smart TVs personalize ads and track users?
- Influence of COVID on TV consumption
- TV ads for startups: will TV ads become more accessible?
- Will user generated ad content make its way to “the big screen”?
- Advertising in the post cookie world