Startup Exits Podcast with Ben Rubenstein, founder of Yodle and Opcity
$550 million in exits: how Ben started, ran and sold Yodle and Opcity
Founder of Yodle and Opcity
Ben is a fascinating founder. Over his 15-year career as an entrepreneur, he started and sold 2 companies – Yodle to Web.com for $350 million, Opcity to Realtor.com for $200 million – and hired over 2,000 people. If you do the math, that's about $35 million in value creation and 130 new jobs per year. Crazy!
We chat with Ben about
- Disrupting Yellow Pages
- How to be good at sales
- How to build a 1000-person sales team
- Ben’s first exit – Web.com acquires Yodle
- Do founders need industry expertise?
- Ben’s second exit – Realtor.com acquires Opcity
- Can you buy a home without humans involved?
- Future of local advertising
Ben is currently on the executive team of Realtor.com and is an advisor to several startups.