Startup Exits Podcast with Yan Pritzker, founder of Reverb
The $275 million sale to Etsy: how Yan started, ran and sold Reverb
Founder of Reverb
Since the beginning of his tech career in the 1990s, Yan has experienced multiple startup exits as both an employee and as a founder. Most recently, he founded and served as the CTO of Reverb.com – a wildly-successful marketplace for musical instruments that became a top 300 most visited website in the US and was acquired by Etsy for $275 million.
We chat with Yan about
- Immigrating from Soviet Union and getting into startups
- Turning passion into business
- Hiring your target audience as customer service reps
- Addressing “What if Google decides to compete with you?” type questions
- Overcoming the chicken and egg problem of marketplaces
- Why Yan is so confident in bitcoin
- Bitcoin in 10-20 years
Yan Pritzker is now working on making Bitcoin investing easy via his new company Swan Bitcoin.