Startup Exits Podcast with Carl Christensen, founder of Spacemaker
The $240 million sale to Autodesk: how Carl started, ran and sold Spacemaker
Founder of Spacemaker
“We’re building a city the size of Paris each week, so every non-optimal project that’s built today is a missed opportunity for changing the world” –– this is one of the reasons why Carl Christensen founded an AI-driven architectural design startup, Spacemaker. The company raised over $30 million, was declared a startup of the year in Norway and was acquired for $240 million in just 4 years.
We chat with Carl about
- What’s wrong with how cities are built?
- What’s the result of non-optimal urban planning?
- How’s urban planning done today?
- Startup ecosystem in Norway
- Where else can AI-driven design be valuable?
- Will AI replace architects?